LIBC Annual Beekeeping Classes
Beekeeping 101: Let's Get Started2019 classes to be announced.
Beekeeping 102: Kick Your Beekeeping Up A Notch
This is a one-time class for beekeepers who want to take their beekeeping to the next level. You made it past your first year (or two), now what?
2019 classes to be announced.
LIBC Ongoing Beekeeping Classes
Master Beekeeper Rich Blohm
Classes officially begin in September and are held on the first Tuesday of each month for 12 months. We normally meet at the Huntington Historical Barn. The classes are from 7 PM to 9 PM. Class size is limited to 25 participants.
Contact Rich Blohm at firstname.lastname@example.org or 631-271-7812.
Master Beekeeper Moira Alexander
Starting September 4th, 2018, we will meet once a month on the grounds of the Sisters of St. Joseph. The address is 1725 Brentwood Road, Brentwood.
Enter the grounds and follow wooden sign that says “Garden.” Class will be held in the Honey House.
The door will open at 6:45 and classes will start promptly at 7pm and end at 8:30pm.
- Must be a member of the Long Island Bee Club ($35). I want you to belong to the local group of beekeepers.
- Buy a yearly subscription to Bee Culture ($24)
- I want you to read monthly articles that span all levels of understanding and keeping bees…
- A copy of "The Beekeeper’s Handbook (4th Edition)" by Diana Sammataro. Read Chapters 1 and 2 prior to class.
- Buy a notebook that will be dedicated to your beekeeping journey this year. I want you to reflect after a year how much you have learned.
- Class fee $125 for 11 sessions (PLEASE write "bee class" in memo line of the check)
EAS Master Beekeeper